South Australians don't support Steven Marshall's plans to privatise our trains and trams.
The fate of our train and tram networks may rest with Government MPs in marginal electorates, who were all elected on Steven Marshall's promise that there was "no privatisation agenda."
We need to hold them to account on this promise. Can you call and email them and send a message that local passengers and workers will be suffer if Government continues with its privatisation agenda?
Rachel Sanderson - Adelaide - [email protected] - (08) 8269 1838
Carolyn Power - Elder - [email protected] - (08) 8374 1939
David Speirs - Black - [email protected] - (08) 8296 9833
Corey Wingard - Gibson - [email protected] - (08) 8377 3500
Sam Duluk - Waite - [email protected] - (08) 8278 5844
Paula Luethen - King - [email protected] - (08) 8288 8218
Steve Murray - Davenport - [email protected] - (08) 8270 5122
Steven Patterson - Morphett - [email protected] - (08) 8294 6711
These MPs need to know they will lose their seats if the Government continues with its "privatisation agenda." If just 179 people change their vote in the seat of King and 213 people change their vote in the seat of Adelaide, Steven Marshall will lose his majority.
How to contact MPs and keep up the pressure on to stop the privatisation
1. Prepare what you want to say
- A clear message that the Government's policy is wrong and you want the MP to speak out against the privatisation.
- Add a short personal reason why you are opposed - eg you are a commuter, you are a rail/tram worker, you are the partner of a worker.
2. Dial the number
- When staff answer, say you want to leave an important message for the MP.
- State your message. Be polite.
- Leave your full name and post code.
If you can't get through, try calling again. If you get the answering machine, leave a message and try calling again later.
NB: Every call you attempt is important, even if you don't get through.
Please tell us you're calling MPs by filling out the form below, so we can keep a tally and talk to political representatives about the groundswell of calls you are making!
3. Spread the word
- Post the MP office's response on social media using the hash tag #OurPublicTransport and #OurTrainsAndTramsNotForSale with link www.rtbu.org.au/contact_mps and ask more people to call.
Thank you for calling MPs.
Together we can stop the selloff and keep our trains and trams in public hands.