The January 2023 edition the RTBU's quarterly national member magazine Transport NOW, is hot off the presses!
This edition includes articles on:
- The RTBU union election results;
- How the Inland Rail project is at risk from shonky contractors;
- The Federal Government’s Secure Jobs, Better Pay bill, and what it means for RTBU members;
- The RTBU’s campaign to overhaul the national rail safety regime;
- The PN Terminal Operators EA;
- The outcomes of the RTBU national member survey;
- The new Jobs & Skills Council for the transport and logistics sectors;
- An explainer on the concentration of media ownership in Australia, and why it is bad for our democracy;
- The breakthrough in the long-running Sydney Trains / NSW Trains EA dispute;
- WA’s new airport rail line;
- Western Australian branches reunite to become stronger together;
- Putting safety first on Melbourne’s new metro tunnel project;
- Vale Hristos Tsirkas;
- Aurizon gets a Christmas surprise in Queensland;
- The ‘Year of EAs’ in South Australia and the Northern Territory;
- ATSB report into the runaway cement train in Tassie exposes serious safety failures;
- Lula triumphs in Brazil;
- The international campaign for decent sanitation facilities for transport workers;
- Celebrating ten years of TRACKSAFE;
- Improving trauma management frameworks in the rail sector;
- A profile of South Australian delegate Lance Edwards; and
- A review of Van Badham’s book QAnon and On: A Short and Shocking History of Internet Conspiracy Cults.
Click here to see it all on our digital magazine reader.
Do you like this post?