The April 2023 edition of the RTBU's quarterly national member magazine, Transport NOW, is hot off the presses!
This edition celebrates a special milestone for the RTBU – our 30th anniversary as an amalgamated, national all-grades union.
We’ve also got articles on:
• The South Australian Government’s plan to reverse public transport privatisation;
• The union movement’s campaign to support of an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice to Parliament;
• The problems with Independent Bargaining Agents;
• How the RTBU and AMWU made locally-built trains, trams, buses and ferries a key issue in the NSW state election;
• Campaigns to improve bus safety in Queensland and Tasmania;
• Fundraising efforts to support a Western Australian member after a devastating family tragedy;
• A South Australian member’s crusade to for safer trackside pathways;;
• Three huge EBA negotiations that are coming up in Victoria;
• A report on the International Transport Workers’ Federation Railways, Road and Urban Transport Conferences in South Africa;
• The upcoming Rail R U OK Day;
• An excellent profile of RTBU Youth Delegate Stella Wickham; and
• An interview with RTBU member and writer Rick Sullivan about his great children’s book, Buster and Us.
Click here to see Transport NOW with our on-line magazine reader, or to print out a pdf copy.