The October edition of the RTBU's quarterly national member magazine, Transport NOW, is hot off the presses!
The October 2023 edition of the RTBU’s national quarterly magazine, Transport NOW, is hot off the presses!
This edition looks at Australia’s cost of living crisis, and how RTBU members are using their collective strength to ensure their wages pace with surging inflation. There are articles on negotiations for new Enterprise Agreements at Torrens Connect (AMO), Metro Trains Melbourne and Queensland Rail.
But that’s only the beginning! This edition also includes articles on:
- The freight and supply chain blueprint that affects every part of our daily lives, but few Australians have even heard of;
- The Federal Government’s new bill to close the legal loopholes which drive down wages and conditions;
- The revealing insight into the mindset of Australia’s corporate heavyweights;
- A preview of a new booklet and video reflecting on the 30th anniversary of the formation the of the modern RTBU;
- The launch of a new body to oversee skills development in the transport sector;
- A detailed Q&A on the Voice to Parliament Referendum;
- How NSW bus drivers secured free access to public transport;
- The $6 million package for better pay and safety at Metro Tasmania;
- Two important government reviews for RTBU members in Western Australia;
- The fight to keep V/Line loco maintenance in-house;
- The ITF’s global manifesto on public transport financing;
- A first-hand look at the struggles facing Palestinian workers;
- Two great Delegate profiles; and
- A review of Saroo Brierley’s amazing autobiography, A Long Way Home.
Click here to see Transport NOW with our on-line magazine reader or to print out a pdf copy.