Hear National Secretary Mark Diamond's opening address to the 2021 RTBU National Council.
Despite the limitations of ongoing travel restrictions, the RTBU was held on 10 November - with over 50 Delegates coming in to six meeting rooms across six states, and the remaining Delegates tuning in from home.
Delegates delivered 18 reports, heard three guest speakers and passed 45 motions in less than six hours. It was a hectic pace, but brilliantly chaired by our new President Luba Grigorovitch.
Some of the highlights of National Council included:
- Confirmation of National Office’s Operational Plan for 2022;
- Adopting rule changes to confirm the amalgamation of the two Western Australian branches from 1 January 2023;
- Addresses from Shadow Minister for Industrial relations Tony Burke MP and ACTU Secretary Sally McManus;
- Approval of a strategy to fight for a better deal for rail, tram and bus workers at the forthcoming Federal election;
- A commitment to campaign for more Australian-made trains, trams and buses.
You can find a link to the National Office Operational Plan here.
And below is a video of National Secretary Mark Diamond's inspiring opening address!